High Speed WXGA SLM
The LC-R 720 Spatial Light Modulator is based on a reflective LCOS microdisplay with a resolution of 1280×768 pixel (WXGA). With a pixel pitch of 20µm and a fill factor of 92% the LC-R 720 shows a reflectivity of around 70% in the visible. The very fast response time of < 3ms and the high image frame rate of 180 Hz makes the LC-R 720 Spatial Light Modulator a good choice for high speed applications such as one panel color sequential projection.
Besides projection applications the LC-R 720 can also be used for phase modulation. The device provides a phase shift around 1 Pi in the visible (e.g. ~1.2Pi @ 532 nm).
Refelctive LCOS (Twisted Nematic)
Display Type Reflective LCOS (Twisted Nematic) Resolution 1280 x 768 Pixel Pitch 20 µm Fill Factor 92 % Active Area 25.6 x 15.4 mm (1.18″ Diagonal) Addressing 8 Bit Signal Formats DVI – WXGA Resolution Frame Rate 180 Hz
Special Optical Features:
● Reflective (TN) LCOS Microdisplay (180 Hz)
● Amplitude or Phase Modulation
● Above 1 π Phase Shift in the Visible
● Intensity Ratio of 1000:1 Typical
● Fast Response Time < 3 ms
● Trigger Sync
● High Frame Rate (180 Hz) for Color Sequential Operation
● High Light Efficiency / High Fill Factor
The LC-R 720 is delivered as complete developer kit and plug-and-play device. The display settings can be controlled by an user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI) software.
LC-R 720 Spatial Light Modulator Kit – Contents:
LC-R 720 Spatial Light Modulator – Scope of Supply
● LC-R 720 SLM Driver Box
● LCOS Imager (1280 x 768 Pixel)
● DVI (Digital Video Interface) Cable
● Serial Port Cable (RS232)
● Power Supply (24V DC, 36VA)
● Operating Instruction / Manual
● Data Medium (CD or USB Flash Drive) with Manual, User Software and Application Software
LC-R 720 Spatial Light Modulator – Software Features:
The LC-R 720 spatial light modulator can simply be addressed like an external monitor using the standard DVI interface of the graphics card. No additional software or dedicated hardware is needed to operate the SLM.
The LC-R 720 SLM is delivered with a GUI (Graphical User Interface) based calibration software. The calibration software can be used to change geometrical settings, brightness, contrast and the electrooptical response by applying a new gamma curve. For these advanced callibrations the RS232 interface has to be connected via a servial COM port of the computer (there are also USB to COM adapters available).
Key features of which are:
- Computation of computer generated holograms (CGH) from user defined images
- generation of SLM signals representing basic optical functions such as lenses, gratings, axicon and vortex functions
- superposition of CGH’s with basic optical functions to combine functionalities
SLM Callibration Software : Brightness / Contrast / Geometry / Gamma Control
SLM Application Software : Basic DOE computations; Generation of optical functions (Circular Aperture, Fresnel Zone Lens, Axicon, Single and Double Slit …); Gratings (incl. Blazed and Sinusoidal)
LC-R 720 Driver Dimensions (Unit: mm):
Display Dimensions (Unit: mm):